Sunday, February 4, 2007

Daniel: You are in the heart...

I was sitting in my room reading a sociology article, when really heart-breaking news arrived to me from the other side of the world. Did you know that your co-year has just passed away? Daniel died last Tuesday! I replied: O Allah and kept silent for the rest of the afternoon.

I remember the tall, blond, kind and smiley person. The person I lived with for two years. I saw him magically fixing the projector in the auditorium at the college meeting. I saw him walking from the student village to class or I simply set next to him at dinner in the cantina.

Daniel was one of my friends, whom I did not get hang out with or know much, and I regret that. Nevertheless, living together in the small community of Flekke for 2 years has taught me that Daniel is a responsible and intellectual person, whom I wish I could talk to again and get to know more.

The news about his death was like rock that hit my heart and I could not enjoy a second of the rest of the day. Although he has left us, he will be remembered by those who love him. By people who are witness of his great and hard work. By people who took a class or just played with him. By people who simply saw him a round, like myself.

I would like to express my deepest condolences to his family and the rest of the world. Let’s remember every second we spent with our dear Daniel Ahlsén.

You may rest in peace,

With love,

Senia

No comments: