Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Daniel

What can be said my friend? No words will ever explain how I felt this past night when I heard the devastating news. Daniel has passed away; he died in his sleep.

So early you have left this world making it a sadder place. Yesterday was the gloomiest day I have ever experienced, disconsolation took over me. Today, in the other hand, I celebrate! Celebrate your days among us. Let’s curse the reasons that took you away as we praise those responsible of your existence. Caminaste la vida con la frente en alto, reconociste, tal vez, un mejor lugar de donde pudieras cuidarnos acaso? Desde lo alto you will shine! Your life was the best poem you have ever written! And you know how it is, the best poems might be short but full of life. Your poem i´ll never forget because you wrote authentic poetry.

I will always treasure your friendship and the moments we have shared. That last week before I went to Belgrade, when you and your parents so hospitably hosted me at your place… THANK YOU. Thank you for the sailing days –even though you almost drowned me- and the motorbike ride. “Easy rider” you were, do you remember? So vividly I also picture the time we sat in the small boat you borrowed from work in the middle of the archipelago and waited for the Gotland´s ferry lights to shine on us. 

Irreplaceable you are, as each and every second left and gone. Not even the amounts of tears i´ve shed will match the smiles you drew in this world’s face.

My friend, my hat wearing Swedish friend, I am aching inside! It really hurts to say goodbye and for that reason:

HASTA SIEMPRE AMIGO MIO!
HASTA QUE NOS VOLVAMOS A ENCONTRAR!

UN ABRAZO EN EL CAMINO

The annoying latino,

ALE

No comments: